Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The beginnings and endings of several stories are provided and students fill in the middle! Narrative Writing With A TWIST!
This Common Core Lesson Plan & (optional) Presentation guides you and your students through an engaging writing lesson where students write ONLY the 'middle' of the story!
The purpose of this lesson is for students to have the chance to show off skills at understanding and developing the elements of a short story, and at the same time, have the chance to use his or her wonderful imagination.
Included are multiple opportunities for extending the lesson so that this lesson can fit into any length class period for a one day lesson or be extended over two days.
- Complete Lesson Plan with standards, objectives, etc.
- Presentation (Powerpoint/ Google Slides)
- Assignment Handout (Microsoft Word / Google Doc)
- (Optional) Peer Revision Page - Can be reused for other lessons
- (Optional) Grading Rubric - Can be reused for other lessons
- All of the above TOTALLY EDITABLE
Other - E.L.A. High Quality Common Core Lessons:
• Other Classroom Essentials from Teacher’s Best:
- SLG / SLO Student Learning Growth Goal TOOL: EASY for you & DATA for admin. SLG / SLO? DONE!
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting positive feedback. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!