Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
EDITABLE & NO COPIES REQUIRED. Students predict the tone of the book by designing their own book cover for any novel you are teaching.
The Common Core Lesson Plan & Presentation lead you and your students through this fun and engaging lesson.
In the process students consider the importance of a book cover and the mood and ideas conveyed as well as practice making predictions, inference, and develop interest in the target text.
At the end of the lesson students explain their choices through written, presentation, or both.
The presentation includes step-by-step instructions as well as classic movie and book cover examples for students to discuss.
We hope that this product adds to your book study. Also great for a Friday activity or to use as a sub plan.
- Complete Lesson Plan with standards, objectives, etc.
- Presentation (PDF, Power Point, and Google Slides)
- Project Grading Rubric (reusable)
- All of the above totally editable
Other - E.L.A. Fill-A-Day - High Quality Common Core Lessons:
• Other Classroom Essentials from Teacher’s Best:
- SLG / SLO Student Learning Growth Goal TOOL: EASY for you & DATA for admin. SLG / SLO? DONE!
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting feedback as it helps me improve on my past and future products. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!