High School Grammar Assessment | Digital Self Grading English Grammar Test
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Stop piecing together middle school grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this thorough middle school grammar bundle, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentatPrice $179.99Original Price $337.91Save $157.92
Do you need to assess secondary English students regarding grammar, mechanics, and usage? This multiple choice grammar test includes 100 grammar questions. The pre-test includes 50 questions, and the post-test includes 50 questions–AND, both grammar tests are self-grading.
Use for the self-grading grammar test:
→ The grammar assessment includes standard concepts that high school students should know. Therefore, it covers middle school language standards.
→ You can use this grammar test with middle school students as well! Since the test is completely editable, you can decide how many questions to give at whatever part of the school year.
Included in this grammar quiz download:
You will receive access to THREE digital files. Most teachers use the self-grading option, but I wanted each teacher to have the formatting for every classroom! Included:
→ The material in a Google Doc. This grammar test is completely editable. You can copy and paste the material into other documents.
→ A self-grading grammar pre-test. The material is in a Google Quiz. You can simply share it with students and get immediate data.
→ A self-grading grammar post-test. Again, the material is in a Google Quiz, the perfect online grammar quiz.
Material covered in this grammar quiz:
★ Parts of speech
★ Parts of a sentence
★ Phrases (gerund, infinitive, participial, prepositional, appositive)
★ Dependent and independent clauses
★ Types of sentences or Sentence Structure (sentence structure for simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex)
★ Common writing errors (subject-verb agreement, pronoun problems)
An answer key is included, and this grammar test is completely editable.
Looking for a complete grammar unit?
These grammar tests are part of the Middle School Grammar Bundle: Parts of Speech, Verbals, Sentence Structure. That grammar unit has over 2,000 pages of activities, presentations, lessons, and more.
As a bonus? The creator of this English grammar test is the published author of The English Grammar Workbook for Grades 6, 7, & 8.
Do you need more grammar activities?
Try these grammar bundles:
• Grammar Errors Bundle: Common Writing Problems of Secondary Students
• Bell Ringers Task Cards Bundle: Grammar Errors for Language Arts
• Grammar Task Card Bundle: parts of speech, parts of a sentence, verbals, & more
• Grammar Textbook: Parts of Speech, Verbals, Types of Sentences, and More
• Grammar Worksheets: Parts of Speech, Verbals, Types of Sentences, and More
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.
Feedback from other teachers about these grammar pre and post tests. . .
I always like to see where my students' strengths and challenges are before starting class, this was a great low prep option.
This assessment was an absolute must have for establishing a diagnostic baseline and then reviewing grammar skills. I plan to use this every year.
Great formative assessment that allows me to see which areas my students need more instruction and more practice. Easy to use and assign! Thank you!