Also included in
- High school grammar activities can be dull, so I created this high school grammar bundle to engage students and to reach those difficult language standards.Please look at the products listed below for longer descriptions and additional images.Activities include:• Presentations.• Grammar manipulation$24.14$34.49Save $10.35
This grammar to writing connection activity is intended to meet the difficult language standards of grades nine and ten. This grammar download includes a presentation that provides definitions and examples, note sheets, and a guided activity. The intent is for students to apply grammar to writing.
This grammar activity is not "identification" practice. Students will not practice identifying types of phrases and clauses. Included:
• A 30-slide presentation that includes definitions, examples, and explanations of phrases (noun, verb, adjectival, adverbial, participial, prepositional, absolute); clauses (independent, dependent; noun, relative, adverbial); semicolons, commas, and colons; and a review of sentence structure.
• Note sheets for students to define terms and write examples.
• A guided activity for students to practice writing phrases and clauses and using punctuation in their own writing.
The presentation is completely editable.
This activity can be used at various times during the writing process. Its direct goal is to connect grammar to writing. You will be able to share this material with students digitally or in-person.
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.