Task-Based Learning immediately engages students in problem-solving and mathematical thinking. No song and dance necessary - your students will be intrinsically motivated to learn more. This unit thoroughly covers the concept of congruence and verifying congruence on the coordinate plane using the distance formula. This unit also covers triangle congruence and polygon symmetries.
This unit is designed for a Secondary Mathematics One Course (usually 9th graders) and includes:
- Tasks to develop mathematical thinking
- Notes to solidify mathematical concepts
- Activities to practice mathematical concepts in class
- Homework to practice mathematical concepts individually
- A mid-unit and end-of-unit assessment
- Full keys and teacher notes
All of this is immediately ready to print and copy for student use. Give this teaching method a try and I promise you will see growth in your students.