Also included in
- Self-directed learning in the classroom or homeschool is a great way to gain content knowledge and build 21st-century skills simultaneously. This bundle includes five student-directed learning tool kits: Scientific open inquiryProject-based learningProblem-based learningMaker projectsService-learninPrice $30.15Original Price $33.50Save $3.35
- Resource Description:This bundle includes all of the templates and guiding materials for personalizing the project-based learning experiences for high school students. Students collaborate with their teachers to create a personal learning plan that designs learning around their interests, needs, chaPrice $12.15Original Price $13.50Save $1.35
- Teaching 21st-century skills doesn't have to be an extra task. What if your students could learn content and develop 21st century skills at the same time without you having to overthink it or over plan? This resource is a bundle of 21st century skills learning activity tool kits that organically incPrice $43.65Original Price $48.50Save $4.85
- Are you looking for open-ended homeschool or classroom experiential learning activity resources for any and all subjects or targets? Or maybe you're interested in adding experiential learning activity experiences to your classroom or homeschool curriculum but aren't sure how to facilitate it, don'tPrice $49.05Original Price $54.50Save $5.45
- Are you curious about student-led project-based learning, but aren't sure where to start? Do you want to get started on the right foot, but don't have the time to create guiding resources or develop systems and routines from scratch? This student-led project-based learning planning bundle has you coPrice $12.15Original Price $13.50Save $1.35
- Are you looking for high school inquiry-based learning activities that promote engagement and curiosity in real-world concepts and issues? This bundle includes tool kits for all of the best inquiry-based learning experiences including student-led project-based learning, experimental inquiry, and proPrice $18.45Original Price $20.50Save $2.05
- This bundle includes all of the templates, guiding materials, and planning materials for smooth and organized high school self-directed project-based learning experiences.This mini-bundle includes a project-based learning tool kit for self-directed learners. Students use these guiding templates to hPrice $12.15Original Price $13.50Save $1.35
- Resource Description:This bundle includes a project design plan workbook that helps guide students through the planning and design phase of self-directed project-based learning lesson plans. Once they have designed their PBL experience using the workbook, they then use the project-based learning tooPrice $12.15Original Price $13.50Save $1.35
- Imagine that your students are student-led learners, developing and leading self-directed project-based learning experiences. Your self-directed learners have everything they need to design their own project-based learning lesson plans. You will never spend your nights planning lessons again! If youPrice $28.80Original Price $31.50Save $2.70
- There are specific components or essential steps in project-based learning. When organized and well-managed, student-led project-based learning can be incredibly powerful.This planning tool kit keeps both teachers and students organized and on task through the entire project-based learning experiencPrice $18.00Original Price $19.50Save $1.50
This high school project-based learning tool kit includes the implementation materials and scaffolding templates for student-designed and directed PBL.
Students use the templates included in this resource to develop, plan, and manage their own project-based learning experiences that are personalized to their interests, goals, aspirations, challenges, strengths, and more.
Students will work within the community, complete a project final product of their choosing, and give an authentic presentation. These are several important components of self-directed PBL.
This resource was designed to save you a ton of time AND keep learners engaged in personalized learning experiences. Because the experience is self-directed, students design their own experiences, so you aren't planning lessons day after day.
This resource adds that extra time saver by providing all of the guiding materials needed for productive, independent learning.
How to Use this Resource:
- Self-directed project-based learning can be applied to ANY subject-based class. Students develop and conduct PBLs around a topic, subject, theme, or required standards.
- You can also use this tool kit as the curriculum for an entire course. Students would design and lead projects as the sole experience. This is great for passion project classes, advisories, or authentic project-based learning classrooms/ homeschools. Students personalize projects and after projects and THAT is the curriculum.
- You can assign one student-led PBL experience at a time, or have students work on 1-2 at a time (I do the latter).
- PBLs could be done in small groups or independently, but I highly encourage a mix of both. Team projects are an excellent way to build classroom culture.
What You Should Know:
- This resource includes a printable AND Google Slides digital version.
- It is not editable at this time.
- Designed for middle or high school students.
- Each PBL could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Timeframes will vary based on project design, class structure, schedule, and student population. If you are on a strict timeline, give students deadlines so that they can design projects and plan accordingly.
- If you have particular standards in mind, you can have students design their projects in a way that incorporates those targets. Self-directed project-based learning also includes Common Core research standards (9-12).
- This resource includes a printable AND digital version.
- This resource is not editable at this time.
This resource is included in a variety of bundles, such as the Student-Directed Project-Based Learning Starter Kit, which I highly recommend.
This Resource Includes:
- Teacher implementation guide
- Project final product and authentic presentation options organizer for beginner PBL students
- Community expert form
- Project design scaffolding exercise
- Blank project proposal
- Personal project plan templates
- Feedback form
- Check-in/Check-out form
- Project checklist
- Generic project-based learning rubric
- Blank student-generated rubric template
- Category word bank for student-generated rubrics
- Levels of mastery word bank for student-generated rubrics
- Learning reflection questions
- Self-Directed Project-Based Learning Design: Student Workbook - I highly recommend pairing this resource with this PBL tool kit.
- Digital and Printable Personal Learning Plan Template
Helpful and Relevant Blog Posts from ELD
- Steps in Project Based Learning for Self-Directed Learners
- How to Write a Driving Question for Project-Based Learning
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for Experiential Learning Depot resource updates
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Facebook Group - Experiential Learning Community for k-12 Teachers
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - email@example.com
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISKS Fonts