Also included in
- Use this parts-of-speech grammar bundle to teach nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs to high school students in a way that engages your students while allowing them to observe, discuss, and respond to mentor sentences, and then craft their own sentences. This bundle also includes a grammar review g$14.99$25.95Save $10.96
- This bundle of writing topics for teens includes 50 different engaging writing prompts for your students! Each handout includes two options from which your students can choose to respond (so you get 25 handouts, that each have 2 options on them). But these aren't you're average writing prompts: they$7.99$9.98Save $1.99
This set of 25 writing prompts for high school students will allow your students to craft their writing by focusing on parts of speech like specific nouns, vivid verbs, adjectives and adverbs. Each quick write handout has two different prompt options allowing for student choice. All prompts are engaging! Use them as daily writing prompts or every once in a while to review key concepts. Do the entire pack for a fully scaffolded experience that will help your students become more fluent writers!
These quick writes are unique because they are scaffolded!
The first handout allows students to think about using proper/specific nouns. The second handout allows them to focus on their vivid verbs. Next, you'll move on to opening adjectives, followed by delayed adjectives and then adverbs. After this, the handouts provide opportunities for students to combine these skills. These are quick writes that are not simply free writes. They build skills, while allowing students to write about engaging topics.
When you purchase this product you'll receive a file with a printable version as well as a file with a virtual version if you or your students are practicing remote learning.
- At the beginning of class as a warm up
- At the end of class as an exit ticket
- When preparing for a major writing assignment as a review of writing craft
- When preparing for school, state, county or national testing
- Between major writing assignments when students need a little practice on writing
- ANYTIME, basically!
Need more lessons on teaching grammar and writing? Check out my grammar bundle HERE.
Check out my15 Writing Prompts for phrases!