The goal of this unit is provide students with a variety of higher level thinking questions that will get students thinking, using their creativity, and to help students get excited about writing.
This package includes 20 deeper level thinking questions; each question comes with a graphic organiser to help promote success. I have also included an editing checklist and a self/partner/teacher editing assessment page and 6 unique writing paper pages.
Table of Contents:
1. Invent a new piece of playground equipment
2. If I were the principal of the school I would…
3. My favourite food is… because…
4. If you found a $100 bill what would you do?
5. If you had $500, but you had to give it away who would you give it to and what would they do with the money?
6. Pretend you were hired to create the scariest haunt house…
7. Suppose you needed to raise money for a needy charity…
8. If you had to plan a vacation to anywhere in the world where would you want to go?....
9. What are some of the pros and cons of technology?
10. Invent a new type of candy, bubble gum, or chocolate bar….
11. Invent a new ride for the carnival
12. If you were going to be trapped on an island and you only could bring 5 items what would you bring and why?
13. If you could do one act of kindness for one person you know. What would you do? Who would you do it for? And Why?
14. What would happen if people were not allowed to drive cars anymore? How might people get around? What would be the benefits of not driving cars anymore?
15. What would you do if someone you cared about was being bullied? Would you help your friend? Why or why not? How would you help?
16. What are three things I can do to make my community a better place?
17. Describe the best day ever. What would you do? Where would you go? Who would be with you?
18. Why do you think some people are afraid of spiders? Do believe there is reason to fear spiders why or why not?
19. Why is it important to exercise regularly?
20. What is your favourite game? Describe the steps in how to play this game…
21. Editing checklists
22. Self/partner/teacher assessment page
23. I have included 6 unique writing paper pages