'Hiragana Asobi Karuta' is created based on Japanese Competitive Karuta called 'Kyogi Karuta'. This is the print & play version of Hiragana Asobi Karuta for class use. Please use cardboard or heavy paper to print.
The game is inspired by ‘Chihayafuru’, a Japanese anime, and is arranged especially for Japanese learners. It's a card game, but it is like a SPORT! It’s very exciting!!
Hiragana Asobi Karuta is very simple and most importantly it's fun. So the game is suitable for any learners. You will get a user friendly instruction including the word chart. Your students can pick up a lot of Japanese words without even noticing.
*Hiragana Asobi Karuta: Print & Play PDFs
*Lesson Plans based on Australian Curriculum (Years 5&6)
The instruction video is also available on YouTube
The reasons why the learners should play Karuta in Japanese lessons
1. Developing word understanding including Kanji skills
2. Creating fun learning environment
3. Understanding some cultural aspects
4. Learning fairness
5. Cultivating good manners
6. Improving memory
7. Improving judgement
8. Improving the power of concentration
9. Improving instantaneous force
10. Improving the feeling of achievement
11. Nourishing the positive feelings toward Japanese lesson
12. Understanding the importance of continuity
It's probably more than the above.