This Project-Based Learning unit uses the study of a Hispanic celebrity to give students an opportunity to communicate basic facts and information about another person in Spanish. It's the perfect summative assessment for a novice unit on describing other people. The project challenges students to use their Spanish communication skills to raise awareness for Hispanic culture in their school community, and to connect with a celebrity online via Twitter. It also gives them opportunities to practice 21st-century presentational skills needed to communicate information to a broader audience.
Included in the unit are:
- A list of celebrities with Hispanic Heritage
- A student instruction sheet with specific instructions for the PBL
- Teacher lesson plan instructions with a teaching timeline
- Rubrics for evaluating student work
By the end of the project, students will produce:
- A digital presentation about a famous Hispanic celebrity
- A poster to be shared in the school community with a QR code on it that links to their presentation
- A Spanish tweet to their famous person that includes a link to their project that the teacher will share with the famous person on Twitter
This product is an adaptation of a PBL unit designed for Hispanic Heritage Month. If you're using this project as part of Hispanic Heritage Month, check out my Hispanic Heritage Month Celebrity Celebration PBL here.