Make Hispanic culture come alive
by traveling the globe virtually with your students to all 21 Spanish speaking countries. This collection of links to 101 video clips
are perfect for teaching authentic culture and for Spanish listening practice (accents and people from all over the world). Great for Hispanic Heritage Month or for teaching culture all year long!
Through these videos, your students will:
* Attend the Tomatina festival in Spain
* Immerse themselves in a mariachi flash mob in Mexico
* Learn about saving baby monkeys in Costa Rica
* Visit the Panama Canal construction project
* Meet tortoises on the Galapagos Islands
* Sing along to music videos from Paraguay
* Learn the traditions of drinking mate in Argentina
* Celebrate Day of the Dead in various countries and so much more.
Most video clips are between 2-10 minutes long and most are appropriate for all levels of students (from elementary to high school). They are rated so you can tell which ones will be most appropriate for your students (All, MS, HS). Some videos are in Spanish, others are a combination of Spanish and English, some are just visuals, and some have subtitles.
Here's what teachers are saying:
* "Wonderful resource, exactly what I needed! Super helpful that everything is divided by region and gives description, length of video clip, and age level. This resource has given my introductory level middle school students better cultural understanding with authentic material!"
* "Thank you so much for this very thorough resource! It is very well organized, making it easy to quickly find what I might need."
* "Many countries, many videos, one great resource. Inspiring for both students and teachers."
Want Hispanic cultural activities for the whole year?
These video clips are part of my Hispanic Countries Bundle (colorful photos, interesting facts, nationality practice, flags, and more). You can purchase the whole bundle or the individual parts.
Spanish Speaking Countries Bundle
Want Spanish lessons for the whole year?
Buy My Spanish Store, Vol. 1