A supplemental resource is available for this unit as well. It includes 51 pages of printable assessments, graphic organizers, and rubrics to use specifically with the descriptive lessons found in this unit! Click the link to view this resource.
COPYRIGHT NOTE: This curriculum was completely researched, designed, and created by Jen Bengel at Out of This World Literacy™.
This 98 page resource includes 20 reading and 20 writing lessons all attached to grade 4 Common Core State Standards! Also included are:
• 20 suggested read-aloud historical fiction books
• A description of both the reading and writing workshops
• Detailed descriptions of each lesson
• A class chart example for each lesson
• Reading conference observation notes form
• Writing conference observation notes form
• Reading log sheet
• Book talk form
• Printable mini lesson statements that can be cut and glued into
• Tabs for readers and writers notebooks
• A record of writing form
Cover these reading/writing strategies:
•setting as it relates to historical fiction
•organization of writing
•language and time
•validity of facts
•adding important information
•Noticing and revising order of events
•revising and editing strategies
*************** PLEASE NOTE *************** This Unit has the same mini lessons as the grades 3, 5, and 6 historical fiction units. The only difference is that the grade 4 Common Core State Standards are attached to this unit.
***Please be sure to read the description carefully and download the free preview before purchasing. Also, click here for FAQ's about the Units of Study
Click on the link below to save big by purchasing all 8 units for fourth grade in one bundle!!
Click on the links below to see more reading/writing units available for fourth grade!