Editable historical fiction writing unit for English Language Arts grades 5 - 8.
Everything you need to guide your students through the process of writing a historical fiction story.
*No prep needed. Everything is already assembled!
*Guided, step-by-step instructions for both you and your students
*Rewriting & editing checklists
*Holistic and rubric grading forms
Help your students master the writing process by taking them through it step-by-step.
This historical fiction unit includes....
1. Teacher instructions - complete instructions including content notes and suggested pacing
2. Student handout - a 16-page guide that walks the students through the writing process. This includes....
* Teaching them the key elements of a story
* Helping them choose a topic
* Guiding them through the research phase
* Helping them create a plot diagram, develop their characters, choose a point of view, etc.
* Giving them direction for writing a rough draft
* Providing them checklists to both rewrite then edit their drafts
3. Two grading options - both a hollistic and rubric grading form are provided with instructions for how to use each of them.
4. Sample story - the sample story provides inspiration and serves as an example for the students
The file also includes both a PDF and editable Word version of the file.
Let me know if you have any questions.
This unit is part of the discounted Writing Units Bundle. Click here to find out more about the writing units bundle.
Want to try it out first? Click here to get my Compare/Contrast writing unit for free.