This is a great summer reading project that can be used for any novel but especially for non fiction and historical fiction. With this book report teachers are guaranteed that the student will read the book and you will see the student's progress throughout their reading. You can modify the title of the book to how you see fit. This project can be used as a summer reading as well as a book report during the school year.
1. Students will record the gist of each chapter as they read the novel.
2. Students will write or create a newspaper article based on the events in the novel.
3. Students will pretend to be a news reporter and write up an interview with Danny, the main character in the novel.
4. Write a recommendation at the very end.
5. Track the pages read on a daily basis on calendars provided.