There's something intriguing about historical mysteries that engages students! These historical mysteries are short 1-page texts that focus on some of the most baffling mysteries that have ever been recorded.
1. The mystery at Beebe, Arkansas
2. The mystery of the Copper Scroll
3. The mystery of the Dyatlov Pass Incident
4. The mystery of the Lost Colony of Roanoke
5. The mystery of the SS Ourang Medan (a "ghost ship")
6. The mystery of the Boston Heist
These resources are wonderful for whole-group practice, small-group practice, interventions, extension activities, or as activities for a "Sub Tub". Pairing these texts with videos could make them even more engaging!
I hope you and your students find these resources as engaging as my students did!
If you find any errors, please contact me and I'll update the file as soon as possible! Thank you!!