Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.16 MB | 16 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RL.7.9. They will compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of
the same period. Students will analyze and evaluate how authors of fiction use or alter history. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions
• Definitions of key terms, such as portrayal and historical account
• Excerpts from several texts, including "The Charge of the Light Brigade" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels