Create a museum exhibit focusing on the region of ancient Mesopotamia that answers the question: How does human need, interest and curiosity drive human invention? The museum must have a logical order and development. This may require you to do additional research to go beyond the information presented in class.
What will it look like?
1. Could be a power point or other online presentation form.
2. Could be a poster
3. Could be a 3-D representation
4. Could be a form of your own choosing okayed by Mrs. Clever
1. Exhibit must include a minimum of 4 and no more than 8 items spanning a variety of groups (Sumerians, Akkadians and Babylonians) within the Mesopotamian region.
2. Each item must be physically represented with a picture or be recreated physically.
3. Each item must be labeled and include an explanation of its use in ancient times.
4. Each item must include a paragraph explaining how it relates to the unit question: How does human need, interest and curiosity drive human invention?
5. Each item must include a paragraph explaining how it relates to the course question: How are we connected to civilizations of the past?
1. Students can choose to work in groups of up to four members.
2. Each member of the group MUST develop at least two items for the exhibit. Please clearly mark the creator of each item.
3. Students will be evaluated on the 2 items they created/developed. Therefore, members of the same group may receive VERY different grades.
4. Students will need a properly formatted works cited page; the omission of this item will result in a zero, as the work will be considered plagiarized!!
Students will be given class to work, depending on your diligence and ability to organize this evaluation may take time outside of class keep this in mind as you form groups.
~Assessment is worth 50 points.
~C (Thinking Critically) & D (Communicating) of the MYP rubric will be used to evaluate the project.
~Please include this sheet as you hand in your project! Rubric is on the back.