This first week U.S. History or World History assignment requires students to think about the historical record and their daily contributions to the body of evidence available to historians. Completion of the assignment helps students learn about the challenges historians face. I use this assignment in the first week of school.
How could I use this?
- An introductory activity in any upper grade history class
- A first homework assignment in a history class
- Teacher instructions
- Two-page student assignment sheet
- Two different scoring rubrics
- Summary of likely/ideal responses