Studying history and gaining from the lives of people that have come before us is extremely valuable. With these Historical Biography Summaries, students will enjoy learning about the past through researching and documenting some of history’s greats. In a user-friendly template, students will summarize the life and biography of an individual. It’s no-prep for you, but quality content for your students. Enjoy learning history through these historical biography summaries.
What is Included:
1. A detailed page of teacher instructions.
2. A pdf print version of 16 summary templates for 16 different Revolutionary War figures.
3. Access to same product in Google Drive format for 1:1 schools or a trip to the lab.
4. A Gallery Walk template for students to complete while reading the finished summaries.
5. Founding Fathers that are included: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Sam Adams, Benedict Arnold, Ben Franklin, James Armistead, Sarah Franklin Bache, Abigail Adams, Paul Revere, Francis Marion, Mary Ludwig Hays (Molly Pitcher), John Paul Jones, Nathan Hale, Crispus Attucks, King George III, George Rogers Clark
Ideas For Use:
There are numerous ways to incorporate historical biography summaries into your curriculum.
- Assign the biography you are studying in class. Have each person research and complete individually for class homework.
- With the biography bundles
, such as the Founding Fathers Bundle, assign each student one of the 10 -15 included biographies. After completion, have each student post their completed biographies on the classroom wall like a museum for all to see. Then, print off the included “gallery-walk” reflection template. Students will complete the “gallery walk” template by reading the other completed, posted biographies. This option allows students to learn even more historical biographies.
- This resource is such an excellent activity for that day when you can’t be in the classroom. Your sub will appreciate this content-rich resource.
For an entire list of more biography summaries click here
. If you would like me to create a biography or biography bundle of a certain person or historical era, please email me through my website. Click the green star above and Follow Mister Harms to get notified of new biographies and futures releases of more great products. Thank you so much for stopping by and if you have time, I’d love for you to give your feedback and rate this product!
You may also like:
Why Study History?
50 States & Capitals MEGA pack
Jamestown History Webquest & More
Lewis & Clark Video Viewing Questions
Legislative Branch Simulation (How a Bill Becomes a Law)
Constitution: Scavenger Hunt, Primary Source
Thomas Jefferson: Monticello Tour
The Oregon Trail Simulation Lesson
Stay informed: Join the misterharms.com email list for updates and giveaways!
Follow Mister Harms: TpT