This Resource focuses on developing research skills and independent learning in students.
In creating it my intention was also to make it interesting for students to discover things about historic and ancient cultures across the globe.
The resource is an editable PowerPoint so it can be altered, for example I used the Australian/NZ, English spelling for artefacts, American buyers can easily change the ‘a’ to an ‘I’ if they wish.
The slides have been created as an introduction to the topic of archaeology which fits into a variety of curricular outcomes and standards. There is an assignment task which students would be required to work on over a block of time.
Contents of Resource:
Introduction to topic
• What is Archaeology quiz
• Archaeology quiz answers and facts about archaeology
• Some interesting dig site examples
• Some interesting ancient artefact examples
• Archaeology exhibition label examples (artefact tags)
• Timeline examples
• Helpful websites
• Assignment task instructions
• Evaluation sheet (oral presentation and artefact)
• Student Self-Assessment
• Civilisation cards with some examples of early cultures from around the world
* SLIGHT VARIATION IN PREVIEW AND FINAL PRODUCT - NOT CONTENT JUST SLIGHT FONT DIFFERENCE AND TITLE PAGE BACKGROUND*
I hope you and your students enjoy this resource, if you have any suggestions or comments please inbox me so I can rectify any problems/errors.
Feedback is always welcome :)