Do you want to spice up a history lesson and teach your students something new? Or do you want a quick way to introduce researching with a creative starter activity?
This mini-pack from Oh the Humanities provides a relevant and interesting topic (the extermination of the American buffalo) with fresh ideas for students as they learn about the West and the changes of the United States. They will utilize critical thinking, comprehension, and writing skills as they analyze information and develop symbols.
Use this mini-lesson to enrich and extend lessons on the West, Manifest Destiny, Native Americans, and the clash with whites.
The contents of this mini-pack include:
• Tips, Suggestions, and Recommendations
• Lesson Details (materials, objectives, EQs, and outline)
• Classwork: Buffalo Quick Info Sheet
• Classwork: Historical Skull (2 different formats)
• Homework: Eulogy for the Buffalo
• Homework: Teacher Eulogy Example for Students
This product is appropriate for 4th grade through 12th grade because it can be easily adjusted based on ability level. My students completed this mini-lesson in about 20 minutes, and they were very excited to have a creative assignment that they had never done before for homework!
Please let me know if you have any questions.