Products in this Bundle (15)
showing 1-5 of 15 products
Integrated history and close reading lessons with material for geography, science and math as well, allow you to make learning bridge across the curriculum. These History Minute no prep packets are great for sub plans or bell ringers, and can get you through a day of teaching or cover you for a week.
Ensure students continue learning by integrating history stories from around the globe into language arts time and save 25% with this awesome co-curricular bundle. Test drive a free sample with a free portion of “Machu Picchu” available here.
Each packet averages 64 pages and comes with the same general setup, which can be seen in detail in the preview.
- A "How-To Guide" gives you the basics on use and timing.
- A 2-page Table of Contents spells out everything and where it is located.
- A reading (usually 2 pages) on the subject at hand.
- Directions and guide sheet for annotating the text.
- Using this reading students can complete a close note reading lesson with five parts – main idea, vocabulary, comprehension questions, support your claim, and writing.
- Guided notes are included for those students who need more structure
- A geography lesson covers the state/country/planet of origin for the story
- A brief and general math or science lesson reviews something related to the story itself
- “Smart Scribbles” – a note taking format that allows students to doodle as they take notes.
- Three word puzzles help extend the learning.
- Everything provided in grayscale.
- Answer keys are all included.
Although this is a distance learning resource because it is easily completed by students on their own, it is . It is a PDF resource.
Have students learn fun but meaningful information about history and the world around them while reading and annotating articles, answering questions, and evaluating the material presented.
- Learn about Machu Picchu and its hidden gems.
- Find out how we arrived at our calendar with The Calendar Under Roman Rule.
- Decide whether President Garfield was assassinated or whether it was malpractice.
- Learn about the very first computer and the godfather of the computer age, Charles Babbage.
- Discover who St. Patrick was and why we celebrate the 17th of March.
- Ever heard of the Cullinan Diamond? Where is it now?
- Decide who you think built Stonehenge and the stages of its development.
- Instill reverence with the Columbia Disaster.
- Celebrate women in science with Marie Curie.
- Come to know the origin of the National Anthem and why its used before sporting events.
- Climb Mt. Everest and learn all about its history.
- Learn about the new age of rocketry and the revolutionary thinker who's pushing the boundaries of space.
- Discover what they really ate at the first Thanksgiving.
- Explore Mt. Rushmore and the carving of this iconic landmark.
This growing bundle does not have set release dates, but the plan is to add new packets until there are 20 History Minutes included in this set. At that time this bundle would be worth at least $80. Buying in early ensures you the best price, as you will get free updates throughout the process.
You may also like:
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
* Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable to you and for your classroom, so I can create more of what you're looking for. :)
* Click on "Become a Follower" to join my store.
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
* Receive updates about this store.