History Of The American Flag / Flag Day
This product is designed to enhance student’s knowledge of the history of our American Flag. Students will chose three flags to write about. They will summarize the information on a graphic organizer, answer questions about The American Flag and write a paragraph. Students will include pictures in their report.
History Of The American Flag Includes:
v Facts on five American Flags
v Picture of each flag
v Report writing booklet/ Question and answer page
v Graphic Organizer
• Students choose 3 flags to report about.
• Students use the provided graphic organizer to summarize important information.
• Students answer the questions page about the American Flag.
• Students cut out, color, and paste the picture of their American flag onto their final
writing report page.
• Students write the title, The American Flag on the cover page and color the
• Paste the cover page onto the back side of the middle page to make a booklet.
• Create an American Flag bulletin board.
FOR THE YOUNGER GRADES:
• Make a flag booklet. Write the facts onto the provided lined paper. Glue it to the
back of the flag. Staple the flags together. With the extended paper on the first flag
roll the end and secure it with tape on the top and the bottom. Add a chopstick
into the hole created push a chopstick to create a flagpole.