Assess student understanding of conflict in history through creative writing! This project is adaptable to any historical conflict - wars, political contest, cultural debates, etc. In this assignment, students compose an original rap battle between two parties (individuals, groups, or nations) to demonstrate their understanding of opposing perspectives on a controversial issue.
How might I use this?
- To assess student understanding of any conflict between two individuals, groups, or nations in history
- To incorporate literacy skills in the history curriculum
- As a mid-unit or end-of-unit assessment
- Teacher instructions
- Two-page student assignment sheet with...
- Assignment requirements
- Graphic organizers to help students get started
- Two different scoring rubrics
- A sample of what students might produce