This PowerPoint is based of the the NYS 7th grade Social Studies curriculum and standards. It introduces students to the social sciences.
The following is the content that is covered: Role of history, role of historian, geography, psychology, sociology, political science, scientific method, primary and secondary resources, anthropology, and economics.
There are two versions provided, one for enrichment and the other is basic knowledge. This allows teachers to parallel teach with a co-teacher. The enriched versions comes with ideas for enrichment and the basic version comes with ideas for review and repetition.
It goes along with the History and the Social Sciences The Study of Humans lesson plan that includes:
* This PowerPoint
* 3 ability levels of a vocabulary sheet
* Enriched version of the note sheet that goes with the PowerPoint
* Basic version of the note sheet that goes with the PowerPoint
* Choice sheet for Activities
* Win, Lose or Draw Activity
* Vocabulary Hunt Activity with key
* 2 (Enriched and Basic) versions of a graphic organizer with key for basic version
* Paragraph Writing Activity with a grading checklist
To download the full lesson plan and PowerPoint BUNDLE and save yourself a bunch of time, go to:
History and the Social Sciences The Study of Humans Bundle
History and the Social Sciences The Study of Humans PowerPoint
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com