PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Introduce your students to political systems around the world and integrate it with the included three-part reading comprehension activity about Argentina of the 70s and 80s. These activities have been taken from the much broader thematic unit of “La Hormiga - guía de estudios literarios para un análisis de la sociedad", and have been extracted to provide teachers with a shorter lesson activity for the advanced language learner and Heritage speakers. A dynamic tool that can be adapted and modified for oral conversation and discussion, writing practice and testing as a one or multiple lesson supplement to your current curriculum.
What is included (All reading comprehension activities are in Spanish only):
• Introduction to dictatorship of Argentina (1974-1984) Reading Comprehension Activity
• Political doctrine charts and images
• Matching activity worksheet (formatted for document camera or smartboard and a worksheet formatted for seatwork)
• Worksheets and organizers for written or verbal interaction and testing
• Imperfect and Preterite Verb Practice worksheets (Reading in context)
• Word bank (Spanish only and bilingual versions)
• Teacher keys and example responses
• Instructions and procedures for activities
• Daily lesson suggestions (1 week+)
• Reading and writing scoring rubrics
• Teacher resources
Teach your students to appreciate the lifelong process towards an open society and at the same time to question, to analyze and to search for their own truths and understanding of world order. If at a later date you incorporate the genre of the “el microcuento” into your curriculum, the combined collection of activities provide a set up for understanding the complex social systems of Latin America. All worksheets can be modified for teacher-guided, individual, group or whole class activities.
Essential skill practice:
- Use of time frames (present, past, future)
- Preterite verbs V.S. Imperfect
- Research strategies; Use of glossaries, online dictionaries
“La doctrina política” lesson activity worksheets can be used as a stand-alone activity. If you would like additional materials for your Microcuento or Latin America curriculum, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Enrich your current curriculum units and put valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you so much for returning to my store. With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache's activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again.