For less than a Starbucks coffee, you can have 11 easy assessments for that hit all the outcomes related to topic 5.2 Histories and Stories of Ways of Life in Canada.
I love projects and using them in the classroom but sometimes my students want a break from big projects and I need to do a quick assessment. I created this product to allow for easy, quick assessment of what students know about concept 5.2 . I made it a visual check in with images to assist learners as Social Studies can be daunting and many of our learners today benefit from visual prompts.
Included in this product:
1. Three suggestions on how to best utilize this resource in your classroom depending on your needs and your students
2. 11 Visual check ins with built in rubrics for students to easily see what they are getting assessed on and to make marking a breeze for you!
3. Answer keys for educators who want or need more support when it comes to understanding the outcomes related to 5.2
-the role British, French and Aboriginal people played in the development of Canada
- the significance of the potlatch
- the stories/lives of habitants
- the impact of the Underground Railroad to Canada
- the treatment of Metis people in Canadian history
- the importance of the United Empire Loyalists
- the role of the Great Migration in Canada
- the value and contributions of the North West Mounted Police to north and western Canada
- an exploration of Chinese immigrants during Canada's early development
- the pressures faced by immigrants to conform in western Canada
- the contributions of Sikh immigrants to Canada.
Other resources you might be interested in:
Non-British Immigrants In Western Canada
Histories & Stories of Ways of Life in Canada Bundle
Aboriginal Groups In Early Canada