History of Chocolate Chip Cookies Reading Comprehension Passage & Worksheets
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This Close Reading for the Year Bundle has everything you need for complete reading units every month of the year in your classroom. High-Interest, Differentiated Reading Passages are at the heart of this one-stop resource! Now includes digital versions for Google Classroom.Test drive this bundle wiPrice $97.35Original Price $177.00Save $79.65
- This August Informational Reading Comprehension Bundle has everything you need for a month of complete Close Reading units in your classroom. High-Interest, differentiated nonfiction reading passages about chocolate chip cookies, the Rocky Mountains, the Wright Brothers, peaches, and more are at thePrice $8.95Original Price $12.00Save $3.05
Your students will enjoy learning all about how chocolate chip cookies got their start with this FREE high-interest, informational Close Reading Unit! Perfect for a fun reading unit, this resource includes everything, including worksheets, that you need for a full week of reading activities about the history of the chocolate chip cookie. Now includes a digital version for Google Classroom. Engaging for students and NO PREP for teachers!
This freebie is a part of the August Close Reading Bundle, which includes 4 other high-interest Close Reading units.
Click HERE to see the entire August Reading Bundle.
Click HERE for BIG SAVINGS with the Close Reading Bundle for the YEAR!
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included!
If you have never used Close Reading or even if you are already a pro, this packet truly is for you! It has everything you need for a complete, successful informational text reading unit.
This packet includes:
- The History of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Informational Passage (2 Differentiated Levels)
- 5 Days of Close Reading Activities
- Text Dependent Questions
- Written Response
- Teacher Guide Sheet
- Annotation Guide (full page and ½ page)
- Printable B/W Pages
- Color, Interactive Digital Slides for Google Classroom
- Answer Keys
The digital version of this packet includes ready-made, visually-appealing Google slides for you to share with your class. It includes interactive drag and drop annotation marks and fillable text dependent activities.
The informational passage included in this resource is provided in two differentiated reading levels. One is in the fifth-sixth grade reading range, and the other is in the third-fourth grade reading level range. I've taken all the guesswork out of differentiating and leveling of passages for you!
August 4th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. This packet is perfect for learning about this delicious treat, a mini reading unit, or a fun informational reading unit! It has been a great hit with many teachers and reluctant readers.
This packet is both rigorous and Common-Core aligned. Questions have been carefully crafted to move readers from basic, recall questions to higher-level questions where students must cite evidence from the text to support their answers. There are 5 tasks/activities for the passage, moving from easier tasks to more challenging activities.
Looking for MORE CLOSE READING packets? Here you go:
Close Reading for the YEAR Bundle
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!