Happy Halloween everyone! In this fun bundle of engaging Halloween activities/packet, students will learn about the history of Halloween and where the idea of trick or treating came from by reading a non-fiction article that explains this history. They will be exposed to some new vocabulary in this article and will answer questions about the non-fiction article they have read.
They will also have the chance to put some math skills to use in order to solve a coded puzzle that will lead to answers for 2 Halloween riddles. Finally, they can read a fictional short story about Turbo the Halloween Dog. In the short story, students will attempt to identify various parts of speech for different words throughout the story, and will use synonyms to replace those words after they have finished reading and identifying.
We hope that your students have a blast with these activities in this packet and that everyone has a happy and SAFE Halloween!
In This Download:
- History of Halloween and Trick-or-Treating Non-fiction Article
- Questions for Non-fiction Article
- Code Breaker Sequence Math Page
- Code Breaker Sequence Questions relating to history of Halloween
- Fiction story: "Turbo the Halloween Dog"
- Parts of Speech Identification Page for Fiction Story
- Riddles and Word Search Activities
- Answer Key
We welcome your feedback, so feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give a product rating after your purchase! Thank you so much!
If you liked this product, you might also enjoy:
History of Thanksgiving
History of Presidents' Day
History of Valentine's Day