This product is a multimedia digital version of a print only product that you can find the link for at the bottom of this text.
It is intended as a fun and engaging resource containing video links, interactive quizzes and games to help the student to a better understanding of the roots and history of Halloween. It is for use with any students who can use there own devices or tablets in a classroom setting.
1. An eight page PDF color version of the graphic reader that contains links to html games, quizzes video clips that allows for digital interaction on the student’s tablet or other device. All of the html games and quizzes are made with an app called Bookwidgets.
2. The main video hosted by TPT which gives a brief history of Halloween in animation format of about 2 minutes. There are also links to sections of the video within the textbook which act as support to the reading sections. The videos are all my creations.
3. Links to a quiz for each of the 5 sections of the book. These are intended as an introduction to new vocabulary and review of the main contents of the section completed. The answers and score for each can be obtained by the student by tapping the completion icon and entering the password. This is the color of each quiz background. The results can be mailed to the teacher if required. See the Digital Book section after this for instructions.
4. Links to Halloween animal jigsaw puzzles which are meant as a fun diversion, but can also be used as image prompts for the writing tasks.
5. A set of vocabulary games. Again these are online html based and can be accessed by clicking on the image associated with each. There are three which are; a hangman game, word search and crossword puzzle. The can be used individually or done in teams or pairs. As a task in class or for homework. All of these are made with an app called BookWidgets.
6. A set of writing prompts of varying difficulty. These are; 1. A Halloween history timeline to make a summary of the text. 2. A story writing exercise for writing a short horror story about one of the animals to be found in the text. 3. A comparative essay task for writing about the similarities and differences between Halloween and similar festivals around the world.
7. In addition, this version includes the original print only version. If you wish to buy this only, the link is below.
History of Halloween
Other similar history products in my store;
Life in the Trenches