Even though social media is relatively new in the history of the world, the concepts that drive social media have been around a LONG time! This 28 slide PowerPoint and Note Taking Guide helps dive into tracing the origins of social media all the way from the ancient Greeks and Romans, through the development of the internet, and to the social media we know and use today!
- Rhetoric vs. Dialectic communication throughout history
- How the rise of technology impacted communication
- Key dates of inventions that led to social media
- Rise of the Internet
- Internet through the 80s, 90s, & 2000s
- Rise of social media & key dates
- Rise of location based services
Resource includes PowerPoint and Note Taking Guide for students. All materials are editable so you can adjust to fit your classroom needs!