In this St. Patrick's Day activities/packet, students will learn about the true history of St. Patrick's Day. They will discover how this holiday began, where its roots lie and why the day was recognized hundreds of years ago. They will read and think about today's current St. Patrick's Day traditions by reading a non-fiction article and informational text that explains this history and today's trends. Students will be exposed to new vocabulary and will answer comprehension questions about the non-fiction article they have read.
They will also have the chance to put some math skills to use in order to solve two riddles.
We hope that your students find this article interesting and that they have fun with their in-class St. Patrick's Day celebrations!
In This Download:
- History of St. Patrick's Day Non-fiction Article
- Meanings behind the traditions
- Coded Math Problems Page
- Comprehension Questions for non-fiction article
- Crossword Puzzle (featuring vocabulary from the article)
- Answer key for all questions and Crossword Puzzle