History of the Atom
Atoms & Elements Unit
Students will be able to…
• Describe in detail the experiment, discovery, atomic model, and/or theory presented by Democritus, Dalton, Thomson, Millikan, Rutherford, Bohr, and Chadwick.
• History of the Atom Timeline
• History of the Atom Timeline: Notes Outline
• History of the Atom Timeline: Questions
• History of the Atom Timeline: Questions – KEY
• Atom History Questionnaire
• Atom History Questionnaire – KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
• Instruct students to read the “History of the Atom Timeline” article. Students can then interact with the text by taking notes using the “History of the Atom Timeline: Notes Outline”, or students can interact with the text by completing the “History of the Atom Timeline: Questions” after reading.
• After gaining basic knowledge of the history of the atom, students can then complete the “Atom History Questionnaire” which delves more in depth into information about the history of the atom.
• This is a great assignment for substitutes.
• Can be used to teach notetaking skills.
• For enrichment, divide students into pairs or groups of three. Assign each group one scientist. Instruct students to read about their scientist in the Timeline and then further research information about their life and scientific discoveries. Students can make a poster of the information and present to the class.
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Atoms & Elements Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Atoms & Elements Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website