10 crosswords in movie order, half of them at a basic level and half of them advanced for instant differentiation. Each puzzle comes both with and without a word bank option for 20 puzzles in all! Full solution keys and study lists also included!
What this Hitler The Rise of Evil Puzzle Pack Includes
• 20 Differentiated Movie Crossword Puzzles:
• 5 of the puzzles are at a basic level
• Each basic level puzzle is also presented with a word bank option to help struggling learners
• 5 of the puzzles are at an advanced level
• Each advanced level puzzle is also presented with a word bank option
• Solution grid for each puzzle
• Vocabulary / study list for each puzzle
Each puzzle goes with a specific section of the movie; there are five such sections in all. For each movie section you'll get every type of puzzle: advanced with and without word bank as well as basic with and without word bank. This instant differentiation truly lets you meets all students' needs!
The teacher information includes a timings chart so you can easily determine when to start and stop the movie to show the section that a specific puzzle goes with. The timings chart even includes the first and last lines of dialog in the target section, for even more teacher convenience!
Content covered in the film: Hitler The Rise of Evil
The film lasts about three hours. In order to allow class time for follow-ups, I usually show it over a five-day period. The film covers a large number of key concepts for World and European history classes:
• World War I
• German anger at losing the war
• Disarray in post-war Germany
• Communist takeover attempts
• Rise of radical political parties
• The Weimar Republic
• German president Hindenburg
• Rise of the Nazi Party
• Ideology of the Nazi Party
• The Beer Hall Puscht
• The SA
• The SS
• Hitler's Rise to Power
• Elections of Nazis to the Reichstag
• Hitler as Chancellor
• The Reichstag Fire
• The Enabling Act
Using these Hitler The Rise of Evil Puzzle Worksheets
Kids love puzzles; middle- and high-school students are no different. To help them review historical content during your Rise of Hitler unit, you can use these puzzles! Each puzzle matches a specific segment of the movie; there are five segments in all.
Lesson Plan ideas:
• Show a movie segment in class, then allocate the rest of the class period for students to work on the puzzle that matches that part of the movie. Have students use the advanced or basic puzzle, with or without word bank, as best fits their needs. Or allow students to choose, granting extra credit to those who choose the more challenging options. Go over the answers at the end of the class period, or assign students to finish for homework and go over the answers the next time you see the class.
• Show the entire movie, then divide the class into five groups and give a different puzzle to each group (one copy per student) to complete. Use the differentiation options as best suits the class. After each group completes their puzzle, have them use the clues/terms from that puzzle to draft a summary of that part of the movie. When all groups are finished, have volunteers read their summaries out loud to the class as a final review of the film's content.
• Sub plans -- weeks or months after you have shown the movie, you can use the crossword puzzles for a fun sub plan. Have students complete as many puzzles as they can during the class period; allow them to do online research to help them refresh their memories of the main historical figures and events covered in the film.
Looking for more than just puzzles to go with Hitler: The Rise of Evil?
I've also got multiple choice worksheets and cloze/fill-in worksheets to use with the movie:
Hitler the Rise of Evil Worksheet: 70 Fill-In Problems
Hitler the Rise of Evil Worksheets: 160 Multiple Choice Problems
But the best deal is the bargain bundle that gives you everything, multiple choice worksheets, fill-in worksheets, and these puzzles:
Movie activities by Elise Parker