A quick fun activity targeting those early developing /g/ sounds in words. It includes 24 cards in all positions and 5 wild cards.
1. Place 4 cards face down in front of each student.
2. Turn over each card for the student to say.
3. Student keeps the cards said correctly to make matching sets (by matching the golf symbols in the corner of the cards-4 cards to a set
4. The student loses a turn when a “Grrrr” card appears, unless he/she can say “Grrrrr” before any other student.
5. The student’s turn ends when the 4th card is turned up and said correctly, or when #4 occurs.
6. The game continues with each player taking a turn.
7. “Hole in One” cards are used as wild cards to complete a 4-card set.
8. “Hole in One” cards can only be earned if the student says Hole in One” before any other student. Whichever student says “Hole in One” first gets to keep it.
9. When all the students have had their turn, 4 more cards are dealt face down in front of each student again.
10. The game ends when all the cards have been distributed. The student with the most sets wins.
"Hole in One--/g/ Sounds in Words"
by Kathy Grover
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License