Color-Fill Film Guides are doodle notes for movies! They are perfect to leave with a sub., give for extension extra-credit, or just to use in class.
Students color and answer prompts as they watch the film. The coloring aspect is just enough to help them concentrate.
When the film is finished, they have an Elements of Plot page that asks them to identify key events in the plot, a Film vs. Book page with information about differences between the two genres, and a final page to help them reflect on the differences between the film and the book.
The activity is differentiated and may be used after reading the novel or to get students interested in reading the novel.
Film not included. It is available to order or stream o Amazon.
• Three pages of Color-Fill Film Guides to use with the film
• One page of a plot diagram, differentiated for ELL or struggling students, as well as for more advanced students
• One page of facts about the film vs. the book
• One page of Color-Fill Notes to help students reflect on the differences between the film and the book
• Answer Key
There are many ways you can use Color-Fill Film Guides in your classroom, but here are three suggestions:
Assign them as substitute teacher lesson plans. If you ever have to be out, these guides will ensure that your students’ time is not wasted. They will continue to learn about the novel. Instruct the sub to print the Film-Guide pages front to back,. When you return, assign them the Plot Diagram and the Book vs. the Film Activity.
Use the Film-Guide in class as an assignment after you have taught the book. Have students consider the differences between the two genres after the film is over.
Use the film guide to introduce students to the novel and to interest them in reading it.
Or if you want to enrich your student’s understanding of a book they have read, show it at home, and use the guide for focus and as a springboard for discussion.Find my other Colorfill Film Guides HERE.
***How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases***
• Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a “Provide Feedback” button. Click it and you will go to a page where you can give a rating and leave a comment for the product
***Be the first to hear about my new products and discounts***
• Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive updates about my store.
Be sure to check out my blog for stories, resources, and ideas! My Blog