Also included in
- Save time and money with this bundle of 6 of my top-selling novel study packets! *Frindle by Andrew Clements Updated 2020*Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo Updated 2020*Holes by Louis Sachar Updated 2020*Charlotte's Web by E.B. White Updated 2020*Number the Stars by Lois Lowry Updated 2020*The$40.00$59.70Save $19.70
This resource includes everything you need to teach and assess the book by Louis Sachar. Engage your students with these fun and challenging activities - and simplify your lesson planning with this no prep resource that includes both print and digital activities for your students.
These pages were created to guide your students through the novel, hold them accountable for their reading, and assess their comprehension through a number of fun and challenging activities.
This resource can be used as a whole-class novel study, small group reading groups, or an individual project. You can pick and choose the activities you’d like to use or print out the entire packet for your students to complete. Download the preview for the table of contents and the standards covered in this packet.
This 80-page resource includes:
- Holes novel study cover page
- Tracking My Progress (student accountability sheet)
- Chapter Activities (one-page comprehension activities for every three chapters)
- Dictionary Detective (four vocabulary words for every three chapters)
- Keeping the Characters Straight (character matching quiz)
- Reading Comprehension Final Test
(20-question multiple choice test covering the entire book)
- Chapter Summary graphic organizer
(a blank template that can be filled out for any chapter)
- Character Profiles: Stanley, Zero, and the Warden
(asks the reader to list physical and character traits and similarities/differences between the character and the reader)
- Journal Entries (three writing prompts that ask the student to write from the perspective of either Nick or Mrs. Granger)
- Letter Writing (writing prompt that has the student recommend the book)
- Animal Research Log (asks the students to look up interesting facts about rattlesnakes, lizards, donkeys, and tarantulas)
- Family Tree Genealogy activity
- The Book VS The Movie compare and contrast activity
- Interactive Notebook foldables
(complete student directions are included for each)
- Suggested answers keys (28 pages)
DIGITAL ACTIVITIES: Many of these activities are also available in a DIGITAL format if you would like your students to complete the assignments and submit via Google classroom.
Your students can type their answers in the activities provided in the Google Slides presentation. I have also included a self-grading multiple choice reading comprehension test your students can take after reading the book.
The link to the digital activities is included in the download.
Resource created by: Jessica Lawler
Looking for more novel studies?