"Holes" by Louis Sachar: A Study Guide provides a comprehensive range of materials:
1. Teachers' introduction;
2. Brief commentary and 43 guiding questions, broken down by section, and post-reading activities. The questions are designed to stimulate reflective reading by encouraging readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc. Answers are not provided - the students will find their answers in the text;
3. Ideas for using the above questions classroom to generate discussions and presentations;
4. Brief guide to further reading;
5. Vocabulary activity and test (with answers)
6. Sequencing activity;
7. Two graphic organizers (character perspectives and plot structure) for annotation.