This is a 12-slide introductory lesson created to get students excited about the funny and exciting novel Holes by Louis Sachar and their reading adventures at Camp Green Lake!
The presentation includes the following slides:
1) Title Slide
2) Pre-Reading Task List
3) Student objectives and lesson goals
4) Preparing to Read: KQD Chart
5) Warm-Up Discussion: What Do You Already Know?
6) Judging a Book By Its Cover Activity
7) Title Brainstorm Discussion
8) Possible Brainstorm Responses Answer Key
9) Book Trailer Preview
10) Book Preview Summary
11) Author Spotlight: Brief Bio of Louis Sachar
12)KGQ Chart Closure
13) Questions Closure
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Holes by Louis Sachar The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!