Also included in
- Searching for Holiday Activities to use with Middle School Students prior to leaving for Winter Break? This Christmas Activity Bundle will keep your ELA classes engaged all through December! These resources include Holiday Writing Assignments, Informational Text Readings, Slides Presentations, Fun A$13.20$16.50Save $3.30
This No-Prep, Print & Go Holiday Resource is the perfect way to engage your Middle School Students during the month of December! Students will learn about three cultures' winter celebrations--Christmas, Hanukkah & Kwanzaa--while practicing important ELA skills!
After reading three informational texts, students will compare and contrast the holidays and practice writing excellent paragraphs!
Included in this .pdf file are three informational articles discussing the history of Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Christmas. Also included is a student graphic organizer on which students will keep track of differences and similarities among the three holidays. Students are also given the opportunity to practice their writing skills as they write two well-written paragraphs exploring the similarities and differences of the three holidays and reflecting upon respecting and appreciating various cultures.
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Step-by-step Lesson Outline
- Three Informational Articles: Christmas, Hanukkah & Kwanzaa
- Student Compare / Contrast Graphic Organizer
- Paragraph Writing Assignment
- Grading Rubric
ELA Skills Practice or Reviewed:
- Reading Informational Text
- Writing Well-written Paragraphs
- Compare / Contrast
- Reading for Detail
- Summarizing Key Points
- Critical Thinking
- Reflection Questions
More Holiday Lessons:
You Might Also Like:
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson
Check Out my NEW Blog: mrsnelsonteaches.com