Holiday Christmas Science: Dissolve a Candy Cane with the Scientific Method
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- What do you do with students when they are already excited for a holiday- DO SCIENCE!!! What a great way to keep them focused on crazy days!This is a HUGE bundle with tons of holiday STEM resources:Static Electricity (Halloween)Balloon Rockets (Halloween, Christmas, St Patrick's Day, Easter)Penny BPrice $27.00Original Price $53.25Save $26.25
- What do you do with students when they are already excited for a holiday- DO SCIENCE!!! What a great way to keep them focused on crazy days!Be sure to check out all 7 products in this bundle!Save the Gingerbread Man! Holiday Christmas Science Inquiry ExperimentChristmas Science Inquiry force experimPrice $8.50Original Price $15.00Save $6.50
Keep students engaged during the December Holiday Season with this simple experiment using candy canes! I find that the times before a vacation are the BEST times to do science experiments. Students are active, learning and having fun! Students need to think critically in order to identify variables, write hypotheses, make observations, collect data, and write conclusions.
This resource uses the Scientific Method to conduct 3 experiments using candy canes.
- 1st experiment- Observe what happens when you add a candy cane to vinegar.
- 2nd experiment- How does water temperature affect the dissolving rate of a candy cane?
- 3rd experiment- How does the type of liquid affect the dissolving rate of candy canes?
**Use all the experiments or choose just one based on your learners!**
Materials: Small candy canes, different temperature water, timers, vinegar, oil, alcohol, clear cups
Try these other fun winter activities!
Winter Snowball Catapult Engineering Science Experiment Challenge
Holiday Candy Density Experiment! Measure & Calculate w/ a Christmas twist!
Frozen in ICE!!! Save a character in a Winter Ice Melt Scientific Method Inquiry
Build the Tallest Christmas Tree Tower Holiday STEM Challenge
Holiday Christmas Measurement Practice Task Cards (16) Metric AND/OR Inches
This product is part of a bundle! Science for all holidays!
HOLIDAY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS BUNDLE: Inquiry for all seasons!
Holidays are a great time to keep students engaged with science!
Try this one Valentines Day!
Valentines Day Science Dissolve a Candy Heart using the Scientific Method