Holiday Cookie Swap Math Project | Fraction and Decimal Operations Math Project
- Google Apps™
Classes leading up to the holidays are tough - there’s events and excitement around every corner! Channel your students’ holiday excitement into a math project - they’ll practice adding and subtracting decimals, multiplying fractions and mixed numbers, and converting units of measurement with my Holiday Cookie Swap Math Project. Your students will be so engaged as they choose a recipe, convert measurements, and shop for ingredients that they won’t even realize how hard they’re working!
- A meaningful way to engage students in the hectic holiday season
- Options for differentiation so that all students can “bake”
- Print and digital options to make prep a BREEZE
✅Your Holiday Cookie Swap Math Project Includes:
- Teacher directions
- Student directions
- A “grocery store” flyer
- Holiday graph paper
- Plain graph paper
- A conversions cheat sheet
- Student pages
- Link to a digital version
Math Skills Covered in the Project:
➞Multiplying fractions and mixed numbers
➞Adding and subtracting whole numbers and decimals
➞Converting units of measurement
✨What Teachers Like You Are Saying About This Resource✨
Kelly said, "This was a terrific resource! My high 5th grade group spent a week of class time working diligently on this. I loved the real-world application that this provided for dealing with fractions."
Ann said, "Outstanding for my fifth grade class. I used it as a culminating project for our fractions unit. Students brought in the actual cookies. They were good!"
More Math Projects You Will Love:
- 5th Grade Math Holiday Themed Bundle
- Favorite Number Project
- Gift from the Heart Holiday Writing Activity
A Few More Math Resources for You:
- Fractions Boom Card Bundle
- Measurement and Data Digital Math Unit
- 5th Grade Digital Fractions Bundle
- 5th Grade Math Spiral Review
- 5th Grade Math Exit Tickets - Fractions
Click here to become a follower! Followers are the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login).
- Click the Provide Feedback button.
- Give a quick rating and leave a short review of the resource.
- Earn feedback credits to spend on resources for each review you leave!
I would love to hear your feedback because it helps me determine which resources you value, so that I can create more. ☺
Copyright © Stress-Free Teaching
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.