This is a simplistic activity that includes a passage that will begin to introduce students to different holiday food and traditions around the world. After the article there are a variety of links to videos and articles that can help extend student learning and knowledge. Once students have read the passage, they will be challenged to find holiday dishes of tradition and record where the dishes are from and how they are made. This activity is ideally finished with a class celebration that will ask students to make and bring in a dish they have researched. Instructions, details, recipe cards, and multiple extension activities are also within this packet. There is also a mini research project informational essay that will ask students to research at least 3 different places around the world and their holiday culture and traditions.
This is an awesome addition to any holiday related unit. I am using this in my own class in conjunction with "A Christmas Carol" thematic unit.
Included in This Packet:
• "Holiday Food Traditions Around the World" passage
• Recipes around the world research activity
• Holiday Foods Around the World Celebration Form
• Recipe Cards
• Mini Research & Informational Essay Activity
• Multiple suggested anchor activities
• Links to additional videos and resources to enhance and extent learning
Happy holidays and happy teaching!