Students will love using their knowledge of punnett squares and heredity to make a snowman family and an edible gingerbread man.
These two activities are perfect as a review before and after the winter break. In the first activity students have to use the traits of Mr. and Mrs. Snowman to create their snowman family using their knowledge of punnett squares, genotypes, and phenotypes. In the second activity students use coins to determine the traits of their gingerbread man and then they use those traits to create their own edible gingerbread man.
* Teacher instructions for both activities
* Student handout for the snowman family activity
* Two different snowman parents to choose from
* Trait cutouts for students to create their snowman
* Answer key for the snowman family activity
* Student handout for the gingerbread man activity
* Trait cutouts for the gingerbread man activity in case you do not want to make it an edible activity
You might also like
- Cells Unit Bundle
- Genetics: Create an Alien
- Expository Reading Category
Connect with Adventures in ISTEM
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” next to my Seller picture to receive notification of new products and upcoming sales. Most new products are discounted for the first 48 hours.
Blog- adventures in ISTEM
for more great ideas and strategies to use in your classroom plus freebies and giveaways
Follow me on facebook
Follow my board TPT Adventures in ISTEM
Follow me on instagram