This unit contains 6 differentiated math stations for grades 2 and 3. The stations were created to meet the Common Core and Texas math standards (TEKS). Each station has a 2nd grade and a 3rd grade version. Student direction pages are also included. These can be printed and placed in the math station for reference.
It's really great to have a 2nd and 3rd grade version because you can use one version for your kids on grade level and use the other version to differentiate. In the unit you will get:
1. Elf Match Up: There is a second grade and a third grade version of this game. In this game students match a set of coins and/or bills to a written set on an elf. There is a practice page for counting money, a coins cheat sheet and a poster explaining different ways to write an amount of money (decimal point, dollar sign and cent sign). Also included is an extra practice page and a word problems practice page. Answer keys included!
Standards: TEKS 2.5AB, 3.4C & CCSS 2.MD.C.8
2. Addition Walkabouts: In this activity, students walk around the room looking for addition problems and record. The problems are created for second grade (with and without regrouping) and third grade (3 digit addition). Also included are two addition practice pages with answer keys.
Standards: TEKS 2.4B, 3.4A & CCSS 2.NBT.B.5, 3.NBT.A.2
3. Three in a Row: In this game, the students order numbers from least to greatest. There is a second grade version with numbers up to 1,200 and a third grade version with numbers up to 100,000. Recording sheet and answer key included.
Standards: TEKS 2.2D, 3.2D
4. Comparing Numbers: In this game, students will compare numbers using the greater than, less than or equal to sign. Students find cards with matching pictures and then compare them. Recording sheet included. Second grade cards go up to 1,200 and third grade cards go up to 100,000.
Standards: TEKS 2.2D, 3.2D, CCSS 2.NBT.A.4
5. Number Line Lights: Students practice naming numbers on a number line. The second grade version has numbers up to 100 (including skip counting) and third grade has fractions. Recording sheet and answer key included.
Standards: TEKS 2.2F, 3.3AB & CCSS 2.MD.B.6, 3.NF.A.2, 3.NF.A.2a
6. Measuring with Standard Units: Students practice measuring pictures with inches and/or centimeters. Holiday pictures come in color and black and white. There are 20 pictures to measure and 2 recording sheets for inches and 2 for centimeters. You can run them back to back or just use one single sided. Answer key included.
Standards: TEKS 2,9A, CCSS 2.MD.A.1, 2.MD.A.3,
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Visit my blog for freebies and fun!
Teachin' Little Texans
Follow my TPT store for updates and sales!