Holiday Music Lesson: "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" Orff, Kodaly, Recorder, Guitar
Also included in
- Put some holiday sparkle into your December elementary general music lessons. Your K-6 Music Class Students will be singing solfege, playing xylophones, writing notes and exploring vocal range in this December Music Lesson Bundle with songs, games, and activities. Check out the multi-cultural vocalPrice $22.40Original Price $28.00Save $5.60
- Distance Learning MaterialsElementary Music Resources and curriculum with lessons and activities for the entire school year. Orff, Kodaly, Standards based music lessons for grades K-6. Imagine having music lessons for the entire school year for the general music classroom?Price $320.13Original Price $355.70Save $35.57
- Distance Learning Materials!Elementary Music Resources + Year Long Music Lessons K-6 BUNDLE is for Elementary music teachers who need a core set of materials for their general music program. The elementary music resources and YEAR LONG MUSIC LESSON BUNDLE provides an interactive music curriculum wPrice $357.30Original Price $397.00Save $39.70
Delight your elementary music students with this old favorite. "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" Orff arrangement includes sheet music for Recorder and Guitar. You'll find tons of K-6 applications and materials with printable pages, video and audio files for a complete music classroom resource.
- Read and play notes
- Play Triangle, Wood Blocks, Xylophone
- do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti,
1- Teaching Pages for Note Names and Values
2- Lyrics and Melody
3- Note Names for Soprano and Bass Parts
4- Rhythm Practice for Triangle and Wood Blocks
5- Full arrangement
- Sheet music for all parts-PDF
- Video with all pages and music
- Mp3 sound file of the arrangement
- Power Point Presentation
- PDF Files
USE THIS RESOURCE:
This video resource has teaching pages for Note Names on the Treble Clef Staff that are used in the song, Note Values in the song, (1 is blank so you can use your own style), each instrument part and the complete arrangement. The music will play automatically. When you are instructing or practicing parts you can mute the sound and pause the video. Use the sound to practice playing with the music. Mute the sound when students are able to play their parts or the full arrangement.
- First sing through the song. If time permits, teach all students all parts.
- Next, divide students into 4 groups. Melody, Bass, Triangle and Wood Blocks.
- Have students practice their parts and then play alone.
- Print out the parts and put students in stations. Have them practice their part and then rotate to another station.
- Then put parts together. You may find it helpful to have just the MELODY play along with Triangle part then MELODY with Wood Blocks, and finally MELODY with Bass part. Depending on your students’ abilities, these activities could take 2-6 class times.
Pre-playing activities: Have all students play the rhythm parts by clapping, tapping, or patting while singing the song. Have all students practice note reading the melody and bass parts while singing the song.
MORE HOLIDAY MUSIC RESOURCES
- SING OF PEACE AND JOY ACAPELLA
- IT’S THE SEASON TO SHARE 2 PART
- THE HOLIDAYS 2 PART SONG
- RING THE BELLS RECORDER OR 2 PART SONG
- RED WHITE AND GREEN SONG
- RUDOLF RAP
- CHRISTMAS SONGS AND PROGRAM
- KWANZAA SONGS AND MUSIC PROGRAM
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Let's Move and Learn with Music!