This holiday writing activity has students write a narrative about a winter holiday experience. It includes:
NEW: Four task cards to get students writing and thinking about the holiday season and/or winter break.
* Detailed lesson plans with conversation starters and differentiation ideas.
* An outline of the writing process and terms dealing with narrative writing.
* A brainstorming sheet.
* A point sheet.
* A drafting sheet and "ready for revision" sheet.
* A rubric.
* A student-led editing sheet.
* THREE different designs for final drafts (see thumbnails for a closer look!)
This assignment is a wonderful way to teach students the writing process, and it has tools to address the process. It works well around the holiday season because students talk about their plans and memories.
This holiday writing assignment will help you meet narrative standards, and your students will enjoy writing about their building excitement!