Also included in
- Teaching rhythm in elementary music class? This BUNDLE of rhythm activities has 12 resources for a years worth of rhythm activities. Each resource has a different holiday or seasonal theme. Your students will love the variety of materials, and they especially will love the drag and drop say-play-$59.40$66.00Save $6.60
Digital Resource-Google Apps
Holiday rhythm activities for elementary music classes. Mixed levels of rhythms so you can use with more than one grade level. Use the drag and drop rhythm activities in google slides. And a VIDEO for online and in person music class lessons. Keep on teaching rhythms, practice, assess using the presentation, video and google slides drag and drop activities. These activities are interactive and engaging as well as seasonally friendly for December elementary music lessons. Students love moving the images into the boxes to create their very own rhythm patterns. Keep engagement high in your virtual classes using interactive google slides activities. These materials make a great SUB lesson with video, presentation and google slides activities.
- Quarter, Eighth, Sixteenth, Half and Whole Note Values
- Play Rhythms
- Play and Say Sounds and Rhythms
- Create Rhythms
- Match Sounds to Rhythms
- Teaching Video
- Teaching Presentation
- Drag and Drop Color Images (quarter, eighth, sixteenth note, half note images, whole note image) listed above
- Google Slides Drag and Drop Activity slides.
- Teacher Guide with LINK SHARING DIRECTIONS
- Teaching presentation with Teaching Pages for Beat and Rhythm Values
- Quarter Notes
- Eighth Notes
- Sixteenth Notes
- Half Note
- Whole Note
- SAY AND PLAY RHYTHMS
- SAY AND PLAY SOUNDS
- Teaching page for each value and sound
- Clap the Rhythm review
- Practice – Say and Play the Rhythm and Sounds
GOOGLE SLIDES ACTIVITY:
- Drag and Drop Rhythm Pattern Activity- Fill in the missing images.
- Drag and Drop Rhythm Pattern Activity- Fill in the missing rhythms.
- Create your own rhythms with quarter/eighth, half and sixteenth note versions.
- Write in the rhythms using the templates.
- Create Your Own Templates (4) make copies of the templates and use the digital images to create your own activities.
- “WONDERFUL!” poster and Digital Image to congratulate students on completing the activities.
- Play the Video to review rhythms and introduce the concepts.
- Be sure to have students “say and play” the rhythms and sounds/words.
- Open the presentation and follow the slides, review, and practice rhythms with the students.
- You may need to review one class time and then continue the next class to complete the activities.
- Students may need more practice too.
- Consider using the video a second time for students to play along.
- Drag and Drop Activities- do these as a class first to demonstrate how to do the activity.
- Assign or offer the create your own activities as needed.
- Use the REWARD poster to celebrate learning.
USE THIS RESOURCE:
The Holiday Rhythm Activities resource pairs perfectly with these Holiday music lesson activities.
The google slides activity can be shared with your students and children for activities to do at home or as assignments.
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS SAY:
“This is was a very helpful resource and my students really enjoyed it!”
“This resource is great for beginning music reading and composition! LOVE IT!”
Complete your Holiday music lesson unit with these favorites:
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
Want a Freebie every month? Subscribe to my Website Newsletter.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Let’s Move and Learn with Music!