Also included in
- Enjoy Resources for the WHOLE YEAR for ANY GRADE k-8th that are engaging, differentiated and teach writing standards! This MEGA Bundle includes the following three bundles: - Holiday Writing - Creative Writing - Writing and Spelling BundleHoliday Writing Bundle: Halloween Writing Prompts: Text Stru$28.50$57.00Save $28.50
This Holiday Writing Bundle comes with writing prompts and assignments for each holiday throughout the year. It is a leveled resource that can be used in grades K -8th. Each activity comes in at least 3 different levels to accommodate a variety of learners.
The purpose of these activities is to teach writing standards through holiday content. This product helps students to be engaged and enjoy writing, while still learning important writing skills.
This Product Includes:
- Halloween Writing Prompts: Text Structure-This resource uses Halloween prompts to teach students to write using graphic organizers that work for specific text structures. It teaches sequencing, compare and contrast, cause and effect, problem/solution, and description.
- Save That Turkey! ELA Activity: Help the turkey escape from Thanksgiving Dinner! This ELA Thanksgiving printable packet. It comes with 4 different activities, each with two levels of differentiation. Great for writing review the week of thanksgiving. It teaches topics such as; characterization, parts of speech, narrative writing and a gratitude quick write.
- Service Learning Project: These printables include step by step instructions for students to set up a Service Learning Project within the school or community. This can be done as a class, in groups or individually (it is also a great homeschool activity) depending on the group skill level and age. A great way for students to learn life skills and apply what they are learning in the classroom to their community. Students practice writing in a very applicable way, as they write about their own experiences and as a way to communicate with others in the community.
- Christmas Research Project: This resource is a writing guide to help students research a Christmas topic and write about it. There are three different levels so it can be used for grades 1st through 8th. Students will be guided to either write a few sentences, a paragraph or an essay on the given topic. This is great practice for Expository Writing AND helps students learn through the writing process.
- Valentine Printables: Valentine's that are ready to be printed and used for your class. This can be a great thing to send home with students who would otherwise not be able to participate in Valentine's activities. It can be used as a writing activity in class for the week of Valentine's day (or anytime in the month of February). There are over 50 graphics for different valentines, as well as three different options for line spacing AND 50 phrases that students can use to go along with their valentines.
- St. Patrick's Day Persuasive Writing Project: This is a creative writing assignment to help teach students about persuasive writing. Students complete a graphic organizer to write either a few sentences, a paragraph or an essay on the persuasive writing prompt given. Then students create a visual from a list of options to teach about persuasion in multimedia.
- Easter Point of View Writing: This assignment is made to help students see the importance of point of view in Narrative Stories. Students will be given the same prompt but will be instructed to write the narrative from different “character’s” point of view. There are four different variations to the same prompt and students can either write multiple stories from different points of view, or each write a story from a different point of view and share and compare.
- Holiday Class Books: Writing Prompts and Sentence Starters for Every Holiday: In this activity, each student writes a page about a specific prompt. In the end, all the pages will be put together into one class book that can be put in the classroom library (or given to a student for their birthday).
- BONUS: 85 Holiday Read Alouds and Activities: This is an amazing BONUS resource that comes with buying the bundle. It includes 85 activities and read-aloud books (at least 10 for every holiday). Great projects to do with your class or family to bring the magic of the holiday (and literacy) to life!
Save even more by buying this bundle as part of my MEGA writing Bundle...which includes 3 writing bundles in ONE MEGA BUNDLE.
Holiday Writing Bundle
If you like these resources, you may also enjoy:
Thematic Unit Bundle (teaches writing standards and reading standards through science and social studies themes).
✰ ✰ ✰ FREE RESOURCE?! ✰ ✰ ✰
I'll send you a FREE resource every month along with tips on teaching and educating kids! I'd love to get to connect with you and get to know you more!
If you have any questions, please reach out!