This packet has EVERYTHING you need to plan your writing activities for the WHOLE month of DECEMBER!! Simply pick which topic you want to focus on for the week and take it through your Writer's Workshop.
I've included a sample pacing guide to give you an idea of how I use these in my classroom.
You can choose from themed Narrative/Informational topics to Opinion Pieces, and even How-To sequencing. Have your students work together to check their work using my Peer Feedback form. I've also included 3 rubrics for grading. *Please note that I used these rubrics in 1st grade so some of the categories may or may not apply for your students if you teach a different grade level.
I hope this helps you throughout the month of December!! Happy Holidays :)
INCLUDED IN THIS PACKET:
- Sample Weekly Pacing Guide
- Vivid Verb / Onomatopoeia Posters (3)
- Themed Narrative/Informational/Opinion 4 Square Planning Templates
- Blank 4 Square Planning Template
- “How To” Topic Ideas
- “How To” Planning Template
- Themed Writing Paper (regular & landscape)
- Dear Santa, Letter Writing Paper (3)
- Peer Feedback Form (for student editing)
- 3 Rubrics